Mentor Resources: Literature and References
BEACoN Mentors offers a variety of resources for both mentees and mentors.
Learn about how to mentor across all cultures.
Cross Cultural Mentorship
- Mentoring College Students: A Critical Review of the Literature Between 1990 and 2007. Author(s): Gloria Crisp and Irene Cruz
- Mentoring across Cultures. Author(s): Betty Neal Crutcher
- Cross-Cultural Mentoring: A Pathway to Making Excellence Inclusive. Author(s): Betty Neal Crutcher
- Mentoring Relationships in Cross Cultural Research Collaboration teams; An Exploratory Study. Author(s): Maria Ferrera, Luisa Varriale
- Cross-Cultural Mentoring as a Context for Learning. Author(s): Juanita Johnson-Bailey, Ronald M. Cervero
- Mentoring College-Age Women: A Relational Approach. Author(s): Belle Liang
- Cultural Awareness in International Mentoring: A Model for Enhancing mentoring Relationships. Author(s): Bramwell Osula, Steve M. Irvin.
Learn how to teach across all cultures.
Cross Cultural Teaching
Learn about the experiences first generation students face.
First Generation Students
Learn about International Awareness and Competency.
International Awareness and Competency
Learn how to combine research with mentoring.
Research and Mentoring
- Reluctant Mentors and Resistant Protégés: Welcome to the "Real" World of Mentoring. Author(s): Hansman, 2016
- Race without Racism: How Higher Education Researchers Minimize Racist Institutional Norms. Author(s): Shaun R. Harper
- From Mentor to Mentoring Networks: Mentoring in the New Academy. Author(s): Mary Deane Sorcinelli, Jung Yun.
Learn about the student experience.
The Student Experience
- Student Perceptions of Campus Cultural Climate by Race. Author(s): Julie R. Ancis, William E. Sedlacek, and Jonathan J. Mohr
- Cross Cultural Mentoring: Exploration through the Lens of African-American Students. Author(s): Rehana Seepersad, Kimberly Hagood-Elliott, Kathy-Ann Lewis, and Samantha L. Strickland